- North Redondo Beach Business Association (NRBBA) – 2011 to Present
- John was elected to President in 2014 and served as the Treasurer since joining in 2011.
- NRBBA is dedicated to helping local business grow. Check out www.NRBBA.org
- Presides over monthly Board Meetings, General Meetings and budgeting process. 40+ attendees to monthly meetings.
- Engaged with City for restoring Artesia Blvd. back to Redondo Beach Blvd.
- Engaged with City for exploration into starting a B.I.D. (Business Improvement District)
- In April and May, plan, organize and sponsor two annual community events: SpringFest – City “Featured” event, at the Performing Arts Center, 5,000+ Attendees.
Walk About Redondo, a local business “meet and greet” co-sponsored with the Beach Cities Health District. 400+ Attendees.
- Provide 2-3 annual scholarships to Redondo Union High School Seniors interested in becoming small business owners.
- Increased NRBBA attendance, meetings are seen as a great networking opportunities and an important source of business and local information for residents and local businesses.